mardi 25 juin 2013

Lauren DiCioccio..

Laurendicioccioskull

In May I checked out the San Francisco Art Fair, it was an incredible schmorgisborg of what San Francisco has to offer in the department of art and errr, a few Maseratis. I was in the middle of getting situated after moving, so I never posted on the overall fair but I did take some pics that I do want to share...may not be timely, but still relevant.

Jack Fischer of Jack Fischer Gallery introduced me to the meticulous weaved and sewing sculptures of Lauren DiCioccio. Her combination of cultural commentary and old school craft had me at hello. I recently corresponded with Lauren and we'll see more of her newer work towards the end of the summer...but until then I thought I'd share these photos of her work at the fair. There were so many pieces I was in awe with...

Laurendiciocciobags

Laurendiciocciofiji

Laurendiciocciobag3

Laurendiciocciobag2

Laurendicioccionw

Laurendicioccioroses

Laurendiciocciosarah

Laurendicioccioslides2

Laurendicioccioslidedetail

Laurendiciocciosarah2

Laurendicioccioskulldeet

Laurendiciocciobag

Laurendiciocciobiden

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire