mercredi 7 août 2013

Neon Sculpture Meryl Pataky at Gallery Hijinks..

Friend and contributing blogger Jillian Mackintosh shares with us some extra special news about her new venture, Gallery Hijinks along with some thoughtful sculpture. - meighanI’ve been hiding a littlesecret but now I’m proud to finally announce the debut of Gallery Hijinks, a space for new andemerging artists! Stemming fromartistic backgrounds, working in numerous galleries, and curating art for bothprivate and commercial spaces, my business partners and I decided to ventureout on our own and create a space completely unique and genuine. We are excitedto have this opportunity to build our own roster of emerging talent. Althoughour doors are not yet open to the public, we’ve installed three neon sculpturesthat light up the new space and shine through the front windows. IMG_2038

How we perceive ourselves and the world around us is described by the adjectives we use. Whether something is beautiful, ugly, yellow, green, small or tall, we use these words to create meaning in our lives. Meryl Pataky, an artist who works with mostly metals, dear hide and neon lighting, has translated this very philosophy of using words as an expression of her artistic nature. Her work combines certain resources and visual languages that might not often be seen together in a traditional setting.

Adj "My work relies heavily on personal narrative. I tend to base my work on the experiences in my life that shape me into who I am. These experiences are what I relate to most intimately and, in turn, allow me to confidently make the appropriate decisions about my work, its concepts and materials. We are all molds that are filled with different substances. These are a delicate blend of our paths, experiences, beliefs and interactions that form our being. As a result, we are all different casts – we are all made of different material." - Meryl Pataky

IMG_2039 IMG_2252

Visit the installation after 7:00pm at Gallery Hijinks, located at 2309 Bryant Street, SF CA 94110.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire